Ask toolbar removal procedure
The Ask toolbar is an add-on that you can install on your web browsers. As the Ask toolbar may often have a package of other programs, it is not very wise to install it on your computer. You can remove the Ask toolbar easily on Windows, using the instructions given below. If you are having some issues with this process go to the Ask website, where you will find other ways to remove the Ask toolbar. As there might be remnants of the toolbar in your computer, using an Ask toolbar removal tool is also a good option to delete all associated files.
Ask toolbar removal on Internet Explorer
- Exit from your Internet Explorer web browser, and click on the Start button in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- Once the Start menu opens, select the Control Panel to open the Control panel window.
- Here double click on the Add or Remove Programs option. Your screen will display a list of all installed programs and applications. Wait for a few seconds while this list is being populated.
- Scroll across the list of programs and select the Ask toolbar icon. Look for the Ask logo if you cannot find the toolbar easily.
- One you have found the Ask toolbar, click it, and elect the Change/Remove option. The system will proceed to delete the Ask toolbar from your system. A few confirmation prompts might appear so just follow the process through using the simple instructions that might appear on screen. Once the process is finished, restart your system, and open Internet Explorer to check for the Ask toolbar. You will find the Ask toolbar has been removed.
Getting rid of Ask toolbar
Ask toolbar removal on Firefox
- Deleting the Ask toolbar from Firefox is a much simpler process, and you can delete it right from your browser. If you have not opened the browser, double click on the Firefox icon on the desktop, and launch the web browser. If the browser is not a shortcut on your desktop then click on Start, then All Programs and select Firefox.
- Click on the Tools menu on the top left side, and click on Add-ons. You will be presented with a list of all extensions and add-ons installed in your Firefox browser.
- Click on Extensions and locate the Ask Toolbar for Firefox.
- Click on Uninstall to delete the toolbar from your web browser.
Restart Firefox and inspect if the Ask toolbar has been removed. It probably has, and if not, get in touch with tech support to rectify the problem.