If you are a regular user of Microsoft Outlook, then you might want to transfer your Outlook address book while upgrading your system. In order to transfer your address book in Outlook, you have to first copy it to a USB device and then transfer it. You can do this by following the instructions given in this article.
Procedure to transfer Outlook address book from XP to Vista
Mentioned below are the instructions using which you can transfer your Microsoft Outlook address book from Windows XP to Windows Vista.
- Kick off this procedure to transfer your Outlook address book by inserting a USB flash drive to your computer/laptop.
- Now, open Microsoft Outlook and click on “Files” from the main menu.
- Continue with this Outlook address book transfer procedure by selecting “Import and Export” option from the files menu.
- Then, click on “Export to a file” option.
- The next step in the Outlook address book transfer procedure is to click on “Comma separated values (Windows)” and then “Contacts”.
- Now save the .csv file on your desktop for easier access.
- Send or copy this .csv file to the USB flash drive.
- Then remove the USB flash drive and connect it to the computer having Vista where you want to transfer it.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on the Vista computer.
- Click on “File” from the main menu and then select “Import and Export” option.
- Click on “Import from another program or file”.
- Click on “Comma separated values (Windows)”.
- Now locate the .csv file that is saved on your USB and click on “Import”.
- Finally end this procedure by selecting the desired contacts and clicking the “Next” button.
Once you have successfully followed the above mentioned Outlook address book transfer procedure, your Outlook address book contacts will be transferred.