Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email client in use now with a wide user base all around the world. One of the most important features of the Outlook program is that it allows the users to create many address books. In most of the cases, the default address book of the Outlook program will be the global address book. However, the Outlook program allows the users to change the default address book to their current address book. Follow the simple instructions discussed below for setting your personal contacts as the default address book of your Outlook client.
- Move the mouse pointer to the left bottom corner of the desktop and then click on the Start button to open the Start menu.
- Click on the All Programs tab in the Start menu and then browse to the Microsoft Outlook tab and click on it for opening the program.
- When the application window opens, click on the Home button found at the top left corner of the window and then click on the Address Book option found under the Find option. If you are using an Outlook 2007 program, click on the Address Book icon found in the toolbar found at the top of the application window. You can also open the Outlook address book window by pressing the Ctrl, Shift and B keys in the keyboard simultaneously.
- Now click on the Address Book tab for viewing all the address books stored in the Outlook program.
- Click on the Options tab found under the Tools menu for making changes to the Outlook address book. You will be able to see that the default setting of Outlook will be to use the global address list for all users. If you see that the option is changed, then someone might have changed it before.
- If you are working in an organization, your Global Address List will contain all the members of your organization and you will not be able to view the contact that you add to the address list yourself as this will be stored in the Contacts folder.
- If you are looking to change the default address list to your personal contacts, click on the option named Start With Contact Folders option found in the application window.
If you follow the simple instructions given above, you will be able to change the default address book of the Outlook application accordingly.