You can set up any email account in Outlook. Given below are steps to set up SBCglobal email in Outlook. Carefully follow the guidelines, and make sure that you don’t miss any to get the best possible result.
Instructions to configure Outlook email set up for SBCglobal email
- On your computer, select the icon to open the Outlook program from either your desktop or Start menu. Look ‘Outlook’ on the desktop, or use the “Finder” to look in the application list on a Mac.
- From the top of the Outlook window, Look for the “Tools” option and click it.
- Go down the list and select the “Email Accounts” link.
- From the menu, select the option to “Add a new email account“. To set up Outlook to check your SBCglobal email account, click the “Next” button to go to the next step.
- Under the type of email used for the new account, select the “POP3” option.
- Inside the box asking for your name, add the name you want people to see when you send an email.
- In the field beside “Email Address“, Type your SBCglobal email address you have set up. In the box, Make sure you add your full email address and not just the user name.
- In the appropriate fields, Enter the “Server Information“. Choose the POP3 option in the drop-down menu beside “Incoming mail server“. In the white box beside “Incoming mail server“, Type “pop.att.yahoo.com“. In the white box beside the “Outgoing mail server“, Add “smtp.att.yahoo.com“.
- In the boxes describing your account, Input your SBCglobal account information. In the space beside “User Name“, your entire SBCglobal password. In the box beside “Password“, Type your unique SBCglobal email account password.
- Place a check mark in the box beside “Remember password” to Configure Outlook email set up to check your SBCglobal email automatically.
- In the Outlook wizard, Finish the setup process by clicking “OK” or “Next” until you see and click the “Finish” button.
- Click the account, and “Properties” button on the right side of the window to open the properties for the email account.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- For the “Outgoing server“, Change the port number to “465,” and make sure you have checked the box next to the words “This server requires a secure connection (SSL).”
- Under the server port field for “Incoming mail (POP3),” Change the number “995” and make sure you have checked the box next to the words “This server requires a secure connection (SSL).”
- Click “OK” and “Close” to Exit account properties and setup.
Thanks for reading!Google+